Sunday 30 August 2015

A Little About Me

I have been interested in health and fitness for a while now, as both my parents enjoyed sport when I was a child. The motivation really kicked in about 5 years ago when I started to play netball at a competitive level and it was then that I found my love for being active.

Over the years, I have had NUMEROUS joint problems and surgeries that put me out of playing competitive netball, however I decided to try out running after everything settled down (growing over 6 inches in 13 months didn't help!). The first few moths saw me sweaty and exhausted after only a mile or two. I stuck at it at found a love for just getting out and having some me time. The clichéd wind through the hair and zoning out with my head phones in never fails to put me in a better mood when the endorphins start pumping.

The gym has also become a favourite since I was about 16 and I being able to mix up some cardio and strength training gave me some results in quite a short space of time.

As far back as I can remember, walking has been a huge part of my life. It has probably helps that I live in Scottish country side! Being able to get away from daily technology (as out of town phone signal is a rarity!!) and just enjoy talking to friends and family whilst enjoying the scenery has always had a huge appeal. It has also allowed me to wrack up my average 40 miles per week of just walking.

Whilst participating in a variety of all things sporty I came across the joy of buying trainers!! After only possessing one pair of trainers at a time I decided to slowly 'splash the cash' and buy a designated pair of trainers for each activity. And this is where is plan to implement my own review: 'The Trainer Diet'. I enjoy not only wearing trainers for most of the day but finding out what trainer is best for what activity and what I can wear them with!! After spending money on fitness clothing, my exercise clothing slowly started to over take my 'normal' clothes and more space was required than the corner of the drawer that had previously been allocated as my obsession grew.

My other interests also include beauty and travel and I hope to be able to splash in a few random posts other topics as well.

A few facts about me:

  • I am 5 foot 11 inches tall. 
  • I am 19 years old
  • I enjoy just about anything that involves exercise.
  • I am studying to be a primary teacher.
  • I have a serious obsession for trainers. 
  • I am a quarter Italian. 
  • I have dislocated my left shoulder 6 times!!



No comments:

Post a Comment